Saturday, March 24, 2012

SxSW Day 10

Sunday, March 18

For the third year in row, I drove down to Krieg Field for the BBQ. My friend, Frank Souders, says the BBQ serves as a psychological anchor, letting you know that SxSW is over. It was rainy, overcast day, so I dined and dashed.

I was surprised to notice that there were still two clubs with local bands playing showcases, later on in the night. I was too exhausted to contemplate that.

However, I sort of miss the tradition from the old days where Alejando Escovedo would close out the festival at La Zona Rosa, on Sunday night. I was trying to remember when that stopped, because I can remember going to that show. Then I found this link on his site, and have made a note for next year.

I'm finding that I don't wish every week was SxSW, but it would be nice to have something like it once a month. At the very least, a film festival. Oh well, back to the Salt Mines.

No comments: