Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Protomen at the Red 7

It's hard to believe that over 3 years have passed, since I first saw this band. I have blogged about the other occasions that I have seen the Protomen play live:

  1. Game Over Video Games in July, 2010.
  2. Emo's in August, 2011.
  3. Red 7 in August 2012.

Excluding SxSW, this was their second straight show at the Red 7. It is not exactly my favorite venue, because of the lack of air conditioning. Also returning was opening band, Urizen, from Dallas.

Untitled

The Protomen went on shortly after 11PM, and played somewhere just shy of 2 hours. Although they are actively claiming to be working on Act III, they only played one new song, that I can recall. Other than that, the rest of the material came from their first 2 albums, Acts I & II. They did sneak in one cover, Queen's Don't Stop Me Now.

All in all, the Protomen still put on a great show, but the lack of AC, sucked. They're one of the best bands you have probably never heard of. Here's hoping for bigger, nicer, air conditioned clubs, in their future.

Untitled

No comments: