Friday, April 01, 2011

Austin Music People Launch at the Moody Theater

So I had the opportunity to go to the Austin Music People (AMP) launch at the Moody Theater, this past Thursday. A fun event, I'm hoping that AMP has more legs than Save Austin Music did ;).

The GA tickets were relatively cheap, and the lineup was fairly impressive. It included:

  • The Bright Light Social Hour
  • The Coveters
  • Bavu Blakes
  • Brownout!
  • Alejandro Escovedo
  • Court Yard Hounds
  • Blue October
  • Ghostland Observatory

I arrived late, and went on to the floor even though I had the more expensive balcony seats. I heard Bavu Blakes, Brownout, Alejandro, CYH, and the 1st song of Blue October's set. The sets were short, not really long enough to let the sound guy tweak the PA properly.

My only complaint was that the theater was totally sold-out, and they would not let me reenter the floor area, after taking a leak. A fun night regardless!

Brownout! (Groupo Fantasma's alter ego)

Brown Out

Alejandro Escovedo

Alejandro Escovedo

The Dixie Chicks minus one (aka. Court Yard Hounds)

Courtyard Hounds

Update

Some photos from the ACL Live site.

No comments: