Monday, February 14, 2011

Willie Nelson at the Moody Theater (aka. ACL Live)

Although I had recently seen Willie with Asleep at the Wheel, when I saw that he would be opening the new ACL Live venue, the Moody Theater, I had to get a ticket.

I arrived about an hour early, parked under City Hall, and walked across the street to the venue. While waiting for the doors to open, I snapped a few pictures. I must say, this is an impressive facility: ACL Live View from ACL Live Balcony

First Set

For the first set, Willie played with a 30 piece Orchestra. I've been unable to find a set list, but do remember the following songs:

  • Crazy
  • All the things you are
  • You are always on my mind
  • Georgia
Willie Nelson with Orchestra for first set

Second Set

For the second set, Willie was accompanied by a 4 piece band. Going from memory, I can remember the following:

  • Whiskey River
  • Crazy (sans Orchestra)
  • Momma don't let your boys grow up to be Cowboys
  • Jambalaya (on the Bayou)
  • Good Hearted Woman (Wayon Jennings cover)
  • Hey Good Lookin' (Hank Williams cover)
  • You are always on my mind
Willie Nelson

Of course, at the end of his show, Willie went around the stage, shaking hands, and signing memorabilia for at least 10 minutes. He is truly loved by the fans. Willie shakes hands at end

Post Show

In closing, I found this KVUE video clip on Willie's site.

No comments: