Monday, October 01, 2007

Interesting KC news

Well I'm still stinging from the Raven's loss to the Poop Stains yesterday, but Monday is a new day and I was excited to hear about line-up 8, of King Crimson. I followed a link from the DGMLive Site, where Pat Mastellotto has given away the fact that this line-up will be a 5 piece.

The quote: We will be a 5 piece and i think you know 4 of us. In fact I'm sure you know the 5th man too (an incredible drummer that i will be delighted to work with). I think you'll have to tune in to Robert's diary over at the DGM site and await the official announcement.

My first guess and hope is Terry Bozzio, based upon the comment about the tour being restricted to the US. However, these other possibilities come to mind:

  • Danny Carey - particularly if I were betting on this
  • Jerry Marotta
  • Eric Slick
  • Bruford? - maybe the hatchet has been buried again

I was tempted to add Gavin Harrison, but I think he has way too much going on with Porcupine Tree and 05Ric. It also occurred to me that this might be a trick, where the 5th member is not the drummer, Belew is the drummer, and it's someone like David Cross or David Sylvian.

5 comments:

j_ay said...

I doubt it’s Bozzio as Pat would have said ‘working with again’ and since the Korn plans fell through TB is now back to working on solo stuff (he’s not restricted to only the US either, the Korn tour was world-wide).

Bruford is not going to happen again, more than likely, and again Pat would have said ‘working with again’. BB is concentrating on the business end of Summer/WinterFold and hopefully some future Earthworks stuff.

Chris Cowan said...

I realize Bozzio is not restricted to the US, my comment was more directed to the fact that I believe this person will be a "Yank."

Not so sure Pat would have indicated "again" since that would have narrowed the field. I guess we will have to wait for Fripp.

Just curious, who do you think it will be?

j_ay said...

Just curious, who do you think it will be?

I have nooooo idea, I haven’t followed KC since the double-trio situation. I’m not at all a fan of Pat, or Trey Gunn (if he’s still in that role).
I vote for...Les Claypool!

Cheers, j

Chris Cowan said...

Krimsom-news has a thread at http://www.krimson-news.com/2007/10/02/king-crimson-touring-and-personnel-update/#comments

j_ay said...

Ok, cool. Thanks. I didn’t know Tony Levin was back in the mix otherwise I wouldn’t have joked about Les Claypool (also a pretty good drummer).
I’d put doubts on Manu as he’s been touring around here (Europe) for some time now with his ECM ‘jazz’ releases. And I think he still has upcoming dates.

I’ll keep an eye on it, I’m curious now…